Saturday 5 January 2008

House and garden update

Time for a house and garden update. Living out in windy Wamboin has some drawbacks the greatest of which is the wind and crumbly shale that's supposed to be soil. The rain has greened up the earth and the grass is tall and becoming dry and a fire hazard of the future. This happens every year and the grass gets broken and blown away by the wind each year. This year Shnooky has been grazing in the bottom paddock which has the river trickling through it and the top paddock's grass has not been eaten.
The chooks keep getting out of their yard and wandering around in the tall grass laying their eggs. Well, I'm not looking in tall grass for eggs as there are snakes in there who have probably eaten the eggs anyways.
I have always loved my flowers and have my favourites growing and flowering in pots at the front of the house. I have beautifully coloured Iris's, magnificent lillies, molusk azalea, ordinary azaleas, camelia and gardenia and of course my magnificent roses.
These are some of the flowers growing in pots at the front of my house. Enjoy them as I do.

these are the first roses of the season, their colour is just stunning!

in the foreground are the rhododendrons and my azaleas in the background

not only do I have pot plants but I have cat plants too! this is a cat size pot with "Wiggles" in it. There were bluebells flowering in it before.

2 comments:

Rune Eide said...

Thank you for a nice comment!

A bit strange for us with icicle-problems to read about folks with cyclone-problems, potential fire hazards and so forth. Alas, the Earth is round after all.

Blogger acting strange again? They can't leave well alone. Have a nice week-end!

Phoenix said...

thanks for visiting my blog, runee. come again